Our year of reflection, Christmas wishes and tips for that all important Christmas Punch
As the working year draws to an end, it’s a time to reflect on all the things we have done over the year. We personally have stretched ourselves like never before. BSI People Skills has grown – Lisa started in January, and we moved into our own office in June. There have been many personal highlights including a son’s wedding, to going to Bangladesh, Malaysia and Nepal for work.
Throughout the year we have had the privilege of working with many of you. To all the people we have met and worked with this year, we thank you all for your time and energy, and wish you the very best of Christmases and the Happiest of New Years. We look forward to continuing to work with you again next year.
We will be closing on 21st December for a well-earned break, returning on 7th January. We are really looking forward to some time on the beach and in the bush, enjoying the beauty that New Zealand has to offer.
Christmas means different things to many people. Whatever it means to you, it is over quickly. Challenge yourself to keep the good thoughts and actions going throughout the following year.
As we settle into the festive season, here is a nice cocktail to enjoy with your family, friends and work colleagues. Don’t worry, if you like some alcohol in your drinks there are suggestions what to add at the bottom of the page.
Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Cathy and Lisa
Every holiday party could benefit from some seasonal drink offerings! This super simple Christmas punch is cheery, refreshing and the perfect balance of sweet and tart. It takes about 5 minutes to put together and looks so pretty on your buffet table.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHRISTMAS PUNCH?
This recipe starts with a can of frozen limeade concentrate. The limeade is blended with pomegranate-cranberry juice and finished off with sparkling water. Add some fun garnishes like fresh cranberries, lime slices and mint, and your punch is ready to serve.
TIPS FOR CHRISTMAS PUNCH
- I use a pomegranate-cranberry juice blend by Ocean Spray. This drink contains sugar and other fruit juices which makes it sweet and pleasant to drink. Do not try to use plain unsweetened cranberry or pomegranate juices, they’ll be much too tart.
- Can’t find a pomegranate-cranberry juice blend? Try a cranberry juice cocktail instead.
- I use a lime flavored sparkling water with no added sugar.
- You can serve this drink either in a pitcher, drink dispenser or a punch bowl, whichever is more convenient.
- Freeze your cranberries before you add them to the drink and they will serve as ice cubes – the drink will stay cold but won’t get watered down!
- Fresh pomegranate seeds also make a nice garnish if cranberries aren’t available.
CAN YOU MAKE CHRISTMAS PUNCH IN ADVANCE?
This drink is best served right after it’s made, as the carbonated water will start to go flat within a few hours of being added to the punch. Luckily this punch takes just minutes to make, so it’s easy to whip up at the last second.
ALCOHOLIC CHRISTMAS PUNCH
This Christmas punch can easily be made into an alcoholic beverage with the addition of any of the following:
Simply add the alcohol to the original recipe in your desired amount, then serve and enjoy.
Have a great day!
Cathy and Lisa